If you and your baby experience feeding issues – including latching problems, low milk supply, or maybe little ones that need a little extra nourishment or help to learn how to feed – then the Silicone Feeding Tube Set could be of assistance to you. Also know as a Supplementary Nursing System (SNS). It helps you to overcome some of these common issues by connecting a bottle of supplemented milk to your breast via a tube, delivering a constant and controllable flow of milk to baby at the breast. Through the use of the Silicone Feeding Tube, both mother and baby can experience the natural physical sensation of breastfeeding, while encouraging mum’s supply and ensuring that baby receives adequate nutrition.
The flow of milk can be carefully controlled by using the flow controller for a more consistent rate. Our Silicone Feeding Tube works seamlessly with any baby bottle equipped with an X-shaped variable flow nipple (see caution tab). Simply place the bottle in an elevated position higher than the end of the outlet tube to start the flow of milk.
1 x Inlet Tube
1 x Outlet Tube
1 x Tube Adapter
1 x Flow Controller
1 x Cleaning Brush
1 x Medical Tape
1 x Carry Case
Note: We recommend consulting with a breastfeeding specialist (IBCLC) if you have any concerns with breastfeeding and feel this product could be of assistance to you and your baby.
- Tube made of food-grade silicone.
- Flow Controller provides a consistent flow of liquid to baby at the breast.
- Provides supplemental feeds to babies who need them, while also giving mum and baby the sensation of breastfeeding.
- Long and slim tube for inconspicuous and discreet use.
- Additional flow control when used with squeezable Haakaa Gen. 3 bottles.
- PVC and phthalate-free.
How To Use the Haakaa Supplemental Silicone Feeding Tube Set:
- Insert the thicker inlet tube into the larger hole of the tube adaptor.
- Insert one end of the thinner outlet tube into the smaller hole of the tube adaptor and the other end into the flow controller.
- Push the inlet tube down through the X-shaped opening on the Variable Flow Nipple and pull it through until it is long enough to reach the milk in the bottle. Attach the nipple to the bottle.
- Place the end of the outlet tube 1-2cm away from your nipple and secure its position with medical tape.
- Place the bottle in an elevated position higher than the end of the outlet tube to start milk flow.
- Introduce your baby to your nipple and then gently place the thin outlet tube into their mouth to begin feeding.
- Use the flow controller to manage the milk flow speed, adjusting it to suit your child.
PLEASE NOTE: Cross-cut teats may be compatible with this product. However, please take caution when using these as the thick inlet tube can tear incompatible teats.